Leggo my preggo
Today is a sad day. You see, I’ve got a pimple and it’s the first one I’ve had in about a year.
There are many great things about being pregnant, one of which is that I had the most glorious, blemish-free skin. Another is that my hair became thick and luscious. Suddenly, that’s falling out, too.
- People give you their seat on the tube
- Strangers smile at you as though you’re carrying the second coming
- It’s okay to be a little chunky; in fact, people compliment you on your extra bulk with phrases like “you’re carrying well” and “aren’t you blooming?” (as opposed to now, which is “Well, you did just have a baby.”)
- Minimal guilt when eating copious amounts of ice cream
- Weekly reflexology appointments are not a luxury, but a necessity
- People do stuff for you
Pregnancy also had its fair share of bad bits:
- Constant worry about the birth and welfare of baby
- Unwieldy stomach
- Hard to sleep comfortably
- Inability to shave (I used to just wave the razor in the general direction of my legs and hope)
- Limited diet (no champagne!)
That being said, I can see now why some women say they miss being pregnant. It truly is a magical time. Don’t get me wrong; I love being a mom and Baby is a dream come true. But that doesn’t mean I can’t be really pissed off about this darned pimple.